How to Camp With Children
- For adults it is wonderful and even necessary to get away from time to time civilization, but the kids are also looking for fun so make sure you can find entertainment on the site where they plan to camp. With areas that are willing to play ball, bathe in the river or sea, etc. It will be enough to spend a couple of different and fun days.
- It is important to have a large tent where the child can fit, because if it is very small it is advisable to sleep with the parents. Make sure you have an inflatable sleeping mattress that is comfortable and support the weight of all your “users”.
- Take everything you need for your comfort but without exaggerating in the luggage, the fundamental thing is a kitchen and refrigerator (cooler), folding chairs and if possible a table, lanterns or camping lamps and inflatable mattress for the store. If it is very hot, they can buy special fans for camping.
- When packing, it is necessary for the child to know that he can not carry all of his toys, that they have little space and that it is necessary that he chooses. Do not forget a soccer ball, shovels and all those toys perfect for the outdoors.
- It is very important to have clothes and shoes suitable for children to be comfortable , fresh and play, choose the clothes depending on whether you go camping in the mountains or the beach.
- Camping is synonymous with insects so they should carry with you biodegradable insecticides that keep them protected from the bites of mosquitoes and other animals. Also do not forget the sunscreen to avoid burns that will result in a bad night for everyone.
- If they choose the mountain it is important that the children know that they are in a natural area and that as such they must respect it . They must not manipulate any plant or animal that they do not know nor play in holes, hollows or caves that can be the home of dangerous animals like snakes and big mammals.
- Take this opportunity to teach children the importance of taking care of nature : to help you compile the waste and place it in a suitable place and preserve the area in good condition. Also show them how beautiful the landscape, the calm and the beauty of a starry sky away from pollution and the city.
- Remember at all times that camping with children means being constantly attentive and never leave them alone as it is an area they do not know and miss is simple, so no unsupervised walks outside the camping area, even when it is older children.